Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Full Circle

     Hi blog! It's been a minute, right? If you frequent these parts you know that every once in a while I take a step back from the writing - for no reason in particular - but just because it's something I need to do. This was the situation for the last few months...I needed to take some time to live my life. Since we last talked I've celebrated my 32nd birthday, my 6 year diagnosis day, my 4 year REMISSION day, & a clear PET scan. Today was another a big day in my story. It's been 3 years since my last colonoscopy (or in my case, a stomaoscopy...?) & it was CLEAR! No polyps - nothing, just a good-lookin', no cancer-showin, colon & intestines. You're totally welcome for those descriptives btw. :) My initial reaction was of course, relief - fast forward 3 hours later when I'm home, experiencing your normal post-scope gut pain, watching a documentary about DJ AM on Showtime, & suddenly I started to experience a whole mix of emotions. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm 7 days Estroven clean (gotta follow those Suprep-rules, ya'll!) or maybe it's the fact that I realized my cancer journey came full circle today. Everything started with a colonoscopy in April 2010 with my incredible surgeon Dr. B; those results were obviously quite different than today. That day is a blur & a repeat slow-motion scene both at the same time. It was a day that changed my life forever & I like to think today will also be one of those days. I'm so lucky...not only to be alive but to be loved by a super-dope family, a handful of friends who stuck by my side during my darkest of days, crazy-hyper puppies, & the chance to rediscover who I am post-cancer. I'm not exactly sure just who that is yet but she's coming around, bit by bit & I love her - I love me, I love this crazy life, & I can't wait to let you know where life takes me next.

love&lyrics,
- LISA -

No comments:

Post a Comment