Tuesday, February 24, 2015

31, Here I Come!

Sunday was a big day...like a big, big day. Sunday I turned 31-years-young & I couldn't be more EXCITED! Perhaps 31 doesn't sound like an age that you want to - metaphorically - "shout from the rooftops", but I do! Almost 5 years ago, I was diagnosed 2 months & 6 days after I turned 26 (whoa - just noticed the strange repetition of the 2's & 6's there) so I was very much facing the potential of being what I call "forever 26". Is my life anywhere near where I ever "thought" it would be?...hell no, but I'm alive, I'm loved, I'm healthy (fingers-crossed for low tumor-markers on Friday) & I'm surrounded by incredible people who I love so very much. Those incredible people helped me celebrate being able to live & learn another year in the crazy, chaotic, wouldn't-trade-it-for-anything world. 

Birthday snapshots 

Celebrating with my lady-love & bffff, Franki! LY! ☮

     Along with my excitement about my birthday, I'm also pretty pumped for next month because March is officially Colorectal Cancer Awareness month! Unfortunately you won't see blue ribbons displayed as prominently around as pink ribbons in October (believe me, the emotional-struggle is REAL) however we are still doing our damnedest to spread the word about prevention, detection, and the reality of this disease. We - I can't do this alone so I need your help & this easiest way to show your support is participating in National Dress In Blue Day on Friday, March 06, 2015. What does that mean exactly? It's seriously incredibly easy...by simply wearing something blue you are supporting me, the CCA, & the thousands of other CRC Warrriors & their families who fight the fight everyday. Easy peasy, right? If you can, take a minute to help us spread the word. Share your pictures& join us while we raise awareness & save some butts! ;)


Please feel free to take & pass this along! 

Also, be on the lookout for lots of "GDHC" blog lovin' in March...here's hopin' you won't get sick of me!


See you soon!
love&lyrics,
- LISA -







No comments:

Post a Comment